Managing Stress through Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness.
An essential course for learning how to help yourself and others deal with stress, anxiety, depression and low self esteem.
Next Intake: February, 2014. Email GCS
Day/Times: Wednesdays, 7 - 9.30pm.
Venue: Galway Mayo Institute of Technology, Dublin road, Galway.
Cost: €125. Enrol direct through the GMIT: Ph: 091 742145
Facilitator: Norman Warden.
This course is a practical introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and its application to managing stress. Of value to anyone wishing to improve their ability to deal with stress or to help others to manage stress better. The course draws on the application of cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness and stress management techniques. CBT is recommended by doctors and psychologists as the most effective treatment for depression, anxiety, and panic. The course will benefit anyone wishing to learn and apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to themselves. It will also be of benefit to health workers (counsellors, nurses etc.) as part of continuing professional development.
- Dealing with negative thinking
- Managing difficult emotions and moods
- Managing anxiety and worry
- Overcoming Insomnia
- Combating Procrastination
- Learn effective Relaxation techniques
- Mindfulness practice
- Building self acceptance
* Recent independent research carried out on a 2 day course on Managing Stress through CBT and Mindfulness facilitated by Norman Warden showed improvement in the following areas: emotional well being, ability to deal with social conflict, self control, resilience, optimism and reaction to failure. All of these were statistically significant improvements.